Peacocks for my sister

My latest project (well, ONE OF MY LATEST PROJECTS)

Jonathan

(printed it out, just as scoring (2x) - first coat of wood stain, gonna let dry, sand and do second coat.)

Jonathan

53 Likes

Amazed again!

3 Likes

Looking Great.

3 Likes

Love them! Would look so cool pierced through! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Looks great.
It is funny, sort of, that I just finished reading an article about how renting peacocks for weddings is a poor choice.
They are apparently very aggressive birds.

I can relate. As kids, my cousin had a yard goose that owned the property between the house and the barn and that was one mean alpha goose. (as a plus, they are better than dogs for stranger and wild critter alerts).
He always swore one day he was going to eat that bird, since it was always going after our wee rumps. No idea if he ever finalized the plan.

Looking at a peacock beak, I suspect that goose was a bargain when it nipped you.
Anyway, looks like something she will cherish…

7 Likes

This looks great!!

Pierced? like some emo bird?

3 Likes

They are wild in the city my dad lives in, and aggressively attack our cars when parked in the driveway or on the street. My sister’s car is all scratched up as she stays there several nights a week. (Dad recently turned 99.)

4 Likes

Your dad lives in florida?

Stop waxing it so no ‘bird’ on the side.

1 Like

California! South Pasadena. Apparently they escaped from the Los Angeles Arboretum. (The birds, not my family members :grin:)

5 Likes

All they need is a reflection. I doubt my sister waxed her car!

1 Like

Pierced like window ironwork :rofl: I can just picture them as gates to an amazing garden.

This is nowhere near as good but the idea…

5 Likes

Some Emu Bird would not look as good :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That is beautiful!

1 Like

Not only are they aggressive, they are also very noisy. I don’t like geese for that very same reason - we had a friend who had a goose that loved to attack as well. I used to carry a baseball bat with me so I could whack it if it came too close. Hated that bird!!

1 Like

That was true with that barnyard goose, which is why my Uncle loved it.
The hard road was about a half mile away, yet if a car or truck came off it and onto the clay that thing would start up and the others would harmonize.
After a short while you would see or hear the vehicle yourself.
I imagine a dog could do that as well if you could figure a way to train it, but that goose came with the Intruder App already loaded.

Meanwhile - back to the quiet, and harmless peacocks as cool art.

2 Likes

Love this idea! I would also like to see this with a sheet of plexiglass and backlight. Maybe a gorgeous lamp?!

1 Like

Something more like this?..

Still not as nice as your peacocks would look.

2 Likes

THAT is spectacular… Yours??

Jonathan

2 Likes