Pegboard Hole Generator

Here is a simple tool for creating holes for a pegboard:

https://wmd-glowforge.github.io/pegBoardGenerator/

Edit: Here the source link to GitHub:

The whole thing was started in this thread:

It was thrown together pretty quick, so let me know if you find any issues with.

38 Likes

Well, that was nice of you! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

It was really simple; most of the work had already been done on the Text2Vector app.

5 Likes

That may be true, but it was still very nice of you. And thank you, as I am sure I can find a use for it as well.

8 Likes

Well done

2 Likes

Wow, that’s great! Say, I’m puzzled by the size and distance options. Could you explain a bit more? I can’t quite figure out how those values give you the result you get.

2 Likes

Default SVG scale is 96dpi.

3 Likes

@eflyguy is correct, those numbers are in pixels and the default is 96 DPI.

Size is the diameter of the hole, and Distance is the space between the centers of the circles.

I thought about having an option to change measurements, but I threw it together so fast that didn’t make into the first version.

4 Likes

That is awesome! (I actually had that on my list of maybe-get-around-to projects this weekend, you beat me to it!)

4 Likes

I guess I should learn coding so I can be a productive member of the forum. Not much I can do with my years of FORTRAN :woozy_face: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

4 Likes

Are there any other common pegboard sizes that I could add for standard sizing selections?

All I found was 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4.

1 Like

I assume those are hole sizes (diameter) in inches. Were they all at 1" intervals?

That’s all I saw for the US.

1 Like
**Pegboard** is produced from hardboard and HDF (High Density Fiberboard). **Standard** patterns offered are 1″ x 1″ OC, 1/2″ x 1/2″ OC, 1″ x 2″ OC, and 1″ x 3″ OC. Hole **sizes** are 9/32″ diameter (nominal 1/4″) and 3/16″ diameter (nominal 1/8″)

:woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

you are wonderful!!!

8 Likes

Plugboards, on the other hand, have many shapes and sizes, but are difficult to laser…

6 Likes