Pegboard J hook

Cut these from any old 1/8 scrap you have laying around.

pegboard%20hook

version for thicker pegboard

J%20hook%20for%20thick%20pegboard

54 Likes

Thank you for such a useful design!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the useful pegboard accessories! Can’t wait to see the next design.

5 Likes

Yep, can use this! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing the design. That will open up a world of custom hooks.

3 Likes

That’s the attitude! Please share any that will be useful to others. (me!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got side tracked by having to do some Fathers day stuff for my daughter to give to my SiL but I’ll try to get the other stuff I’ve done up pretty soon.

This is great! Thank you very much, Mark!

1 Like

I’m amazed and amused at how my simplist stuff is the most appreciated.
How we are this far in and I managed to be the first to post one of these is beyond me but I am tickled that you all like it.

4 Likes

Thank you a bunch, Mark!

1 Like

Okay to my chagrin when I went to install some j hooks and the fatmax tape measure trays out in the shop today they didn’t fit. Turns out that there is no standard for thickness in pegboard and that affects the fit. The stuff I have in the house is thinish and the stuff I just put up in the shop is marked as 3/16 and mikes out at around 180 thousands.
So I put a new J hook in the OP for anyone with thick pegboard. If you want to make any of the other pegboard things and have thick pegboard, just cut the hook shape out and paste in the one from the updated J-hook. I’ll update the rest as I can.

5 Likes

As you’ve noted, the thin pegboard is generally:

• 1/8 inch thick with 3/16 dia. holes - or -
  • 3/16 inch thick with 1/4 dia holes - or -
  • 1/4 inch thick with 1/4 dia holes.
4 Likes

Extreme newbie question here. How do I download this file?

1 Like

Totally not obvious, when files are a zip just click (from most browsers), when they look like an image as above, right click, and select “save image as.”

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I found this peg j hook so helpful! Thanks. My wife and I are getting ready for a craft fair this coming weekend and I came up with this sign that fits fairly snugly on this hook. Check it out and let me know what you think.!

peg%20sign

IMG_2819|375x500

7 Likes

I’m so pleased that such a simple little design is getting so much use. I like your design for the sign. I may just have to intagrate the two togather at some point.

2 Likes

Wow, this opens all sorts of possibilities. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I love these hooks! I’m going to extend the flat base of it so I can sit a 4" deep shelf on it!

2 Likes