Perfect match

I attempted my first dual sided gun stock and both my first hand rail and both sides of that too. I created matching engravings to make it all flow right. They turned out awesome!!

IMG_20180829_203116 IMG_20180829_210342 IMG_20180902_134201

Videos of both engraves can be found on my video tab on my site: fb.me/freshstartcustoms some reason I can never get them to work on here.

50 Likes

Looks great.

Walnut?

1 Like

Honestly I am not really sure but that would be my guess as well.

1 Like

Holy moly! That’s a great representation of the custom work that used to show up on fine firearms, attainable at great expense at the hands of craftsmen.

4 Likes

There is a video size upload limit on this forum platform Works best to do a nice animated gif.

Nice engraving. Took some work to get it positioned in the bed, I imagine.

1 Like

That’s gorgeous work!
well done getting such a good result on contoured surfaces.
wonderfully finished.

2 Likes

Beautiful work

1 Like

Made the mistake of showing this to my hubs, who is now lamenting that his long guns all have plastic stocks. If he goes out and buys a new gun because of this, it’s your fault! (And I will be reaching out to you for settings, because, yikes!)

3 Likes

Do you just flat project the design on the stock, or do you design in the warp of the curve? Either way they look amazing. BTW, I trademarked my name, so I can take some royalties for that…:grinning:

5 Likes

You can engrave his plastic stocks. Then you could color fill them with something…acrylics, epoxy, engraving powder…

2 Likes

Still yikes. :wink:

Yeah, just don’t screw them up :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s what the “yikes” is about!

1 Like

geek2nurse:

> who is now lamenting that his long guns all have plastic stocks

You can engrave his plastic stocks. Then you could color fill them with something…acrylics, epoxy, engraving powder…

Wouldn’t gunpowder be more appropriate for a gun stock than engraving powder?

Those came out very nice indeed!

1 Like

no problem anytime

2 Likes

I just flat designed all images and its a very slight curve that its never had an issue.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

Gorgeous! Love it! :sunglasses:

1 Like