Photo Engraving Problems

I can’t seem to get a good photo engrave. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or what but I have watched videos and done what they do but when the photo go to the glowforge it looks terrible. It gets blue dots all over the whole photo which in turn engraves them. The pictures look very good after i make them black and white but as soon as they go to glowforge its all over. Can someone please help me out here. also I know it is not the pictures because i have pulled hd photos from the web and uploaded them nd they do the same.

This part of your post would suggest that they are artifacts left in the photo. Those kinds of things need to be removed first. Just because an image looks great to the naked eye does not necessarily translate to a good engravable image.

Yes, it is the pictures. Photo engraving can be really tricky and need some work done in an image editing program before they turn out well. I haven’t mastered that much myself, but someone else here may be able to help you out.

4 Likes

Thank you, can you tell me how to check and get rid of artifacts in photos

Sorry…as I mentioned…it’s not my main focus for projects and I haven’t done photo engraving for quite some time, so I wouldn’t be of much help. I just know that what I described is usually the case. I’m sure some other members here will be able to give you some direction.

1 Like

In you photo editing software zoom in as far as you can and scour the background of the image. You will see artifacts everywhere that need to be erased.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.