Picture Stand

thank you will try it out

oh perfect… tnx… :star_struck:

Thank you. Very nice.

Mahalo! Simplicity is always a classic look.

Thank you! Absolutely perfect stand for a clear acrylic plaque I made for a student award!

8 Likes

Thanks so much for this stand! I used it for a frame I made my niece to give her husband for Father’s Day. It was just perfect!

Thank you!

1 Like

This is great! I was able to make it work for one project and then I wanted to be able to size it down but I just don’t understand the language LOL - new to Silhouette and GF - is there somewhere I can purchase a smaller version? I am looking to make them for tiered trays. Thank you so much!

How did you get the color on this? It looks AMAZING!

Believe it or not, I used Crayola markers and then added a touch of glitter paint to the shoes. Super high-tech! :joy: I have found that using markers let me control how dark I want the color and look like a stain compared to a paint.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! I was trying to figure out how to make something to sit a photo I engraved on wood. This is PERFECT! Thanks a lot!

Hey everyone,

I hope this isn’t taken as an affront, but I toyed with the design a little bit because the fit was just a little too tight. I’m also working with a partner and we both decided that some back leg support was also needed. So taking all the comments in the thread to heart (specifically the scaling around the slots) this one seems to slide together just right. Enjoy.

Yantra Stand2 Yantra Stand2 Yantra Stand2.ai (49.4 KB) Yantra Stand2.pdf (49.2 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you!

This is amazing work…i was just thinking of doing something like this!

Hey Steph,
Thank you got sharing this file. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the slots to fit 1/4" thick wood. Any suggestions on how I can do this? I am very new to glowforge so any help would be greatly appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The OP has not been on the forum in almost a year.

Measure the actual thickness of your material (1/4 is rarely 0.25"), then adjust the slots in your design software so the slots are a little under that dimension to account for kerf (usually around 0.001" or so, but test first).

2 Likes

You could try this recently posted variation by @trun which is parametric (you can customize it).

It lets you type in the material thickness — which automatically adjusts the slot — and download an SVG.

9 Likes

Thank you Toby, this is super helpful!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you!!