Pillbox Design

Hi Y’all,

I designed this pillbox for one of my friends. It rotates about a brass nail, and uses small, 2mm magnets to snap into rotational position for the seven days of the week. The lid comes off for easy filling. Also, you can add as many layers as you want to make the box taller or shorter.

First time sharing, hope I did this correctly! The layers are top, middle, middle and bottom.

Caution: It’s not child-safe or pet-safe for that matter, so be careful.

(Adding the Fusion360 files in case you want the original design.)

Pillbox
fusion.zip (667.3 KB)

38 Likes

Very nice, and thank you!

13 Likes

Great design. Thanks for sharing! This should be moved to “Free Designs” but I don’t know how to move it!

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing your beautiful (and functional) design!

11 Likes

This is nice! I just bought one of these on Saturday for my husband! I’ll have to make yours, way better!

9 Likes

That is awesome. My mother takes more than 25 pills per day. (at 4 different times throughout). She has a hard time getting into the “snap lock” lids, and this might just be what she needs. Thanks.

14 Likes

My friend likes dragons, but of course any clipart would make it fun.

I don’t know if external links are allowed here, but this is where I got the magnets:
https://a.co/d/aaYSt1W

16 Likes

What a great idea!

Thanks for sharing!

9 Likes

External links are totally allowed - and your design is beautiful!

I’m wondering if I can enlarge it successfully to fit a full day’s pills into a single one. Hmmmmm

BTW, to fix this:
you can select both the inside and outside of each letter and combine :slight_smile:

10 Likes

What a great design and gift for your friend! Thank you for sharing your work!

8 Likes

First welcome to the forum @csembroski !

What a useful and beautiful design. Thank you for sharing.

I look forward to see more of your creations.

8 Likes

Great design - thanks for your generous share!

8 Likes

The simple pivot on the brass nail, backed up by the magnets to keep it in place is a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

9 Likes

thanks. the more I look at this the more I like it. Really well thought out design.

9 Likes

That snapping magnet idea is brilliant! I love the design, thanks so much!

9 Likes

Nice! I love the magnet idea. I’m going to have to try it in one of my projects.

7 Likes

Thank you! Nice job.

7 Likes

Wow, what an elegant design, and a great first post! Welcome to the forum.

@edwardsk_2004 , don’t stay away for so long, good to see you again.

7 Likes

So I cut a cardboard version last night, and I’m thinking I need to flip the top over and engrave the underside in order to have a matching spot for the magnets - is that right? Steal the engrave spots from the top middle and center them on the top?

7 Likes

This is great. I hate my plastic pill dispenser. I’ll have to take a look at this.

7 Likes