I could not fly today due to high winds. So I thought to play with my GF Pro. I needed a new set of wings seeing that my RAF ones are getting tarnished. So a quick vector file and then a bit of time playing with settings and viola.
Unfortunately, the GF was running dead slow and kept calibrating and taking forever to scan the material and load the file. Otherwise I would have gotten more done. I’ll clean up the design then make a silicone mold so that I can do multi color castings for some of the club members.
Still, I’m quite pleased with what one can do on this machine. Now lets get the thing more stable and faster then all will be good.
JamesD… If I mirror the wings will come out backwards. A silicone mold made with a dam will give me the exact part that I began with and will pressure cast perfectly. Thanks for the input though.
cynd… Unfortunately, films and such would not last in the desert sun. My intention, is to use multiple colored resins when building the part in the mold. Another method is to apply enamels to the deep parts like the jewelry in the old days. It works well. I used to make my own auto badges when I restored Italian sports cars for a hobby. Some Ferrari badges cost hundreds of dollars to purchase.
Yeah. Attention deficit here - was working on a project on the GF and obviously did not think it all the way through I had assumed he as going to directly engrave the silicone (not pull a mold from the engraving)like forme reason (you can engrave those silicone bracelets that were the rage for awhile).