Pipe Stand for Gandalf Pipe

My SO picked up a long neck pipe that we both decided was an homage to Gandalf. It needed a display stand so I made this :slight_smile:

The cup is engraved leather. It says “Take this up and rest your mind” in Valarin (written in Tengwar). There’s also a translation engraved inside for when I inevitably forget what it says :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ve decided the top looks far too much like Sauron’s tower so we’re going to keep an eye out for an eyeball bead we can hang in between :slight_smile:

The remainder of the engravings are call out to items in middle earth.

35 Likes

Fantastic!

8 Likes

So elegant; my hat’s off to you!

7 Likes

Is it a pointy hat? Do you have a long beard?

7 Likes

Not in this life’s iteration.

7 Likes

Wow, that’s fantastic! What a clever design!!

5 Likes

“I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to.”

• Gandalf

Excellent.

8 Likes

Gandalf would be proud :slightly_smiling_face:

Could also look like the wizard’s tower? A cat’s eye marble with LEDs stuck on the sides?

4 Likes

Great use of leather!!

4 Likes

Superb! The leather takes it over the top. Very, very nice.

5 Likes

That turned out amazing. Leather was a great choice!

4 Likes

What a nice design - perfectly complements the pipe!

3 Likes

This is great. The bottom part looks like a great canvas for a segment of map… :smiley:

2 Likes

Lovely design, and the use of leather for the curvy bit is brilliant!

3 Likes

Hmmmm - that’s a thought! It be a great use of those power rings that the LEDS just needs to be close to for power…

It is my favorite material :slight_smile:

Ooh, there’s a thought. I didn’t want to do another engrave because it would gather all the dust, but a scored map could definitely work!

4 Likes

reverse engraved acrylic overlay

3 Likes