Pirate Treasure Chest

Thank you, so far, this is one of my favorite things to make. And…yeah…Mead, Cider, Rum and Coke…

4 Likes

Love the little five sided one…but nix the mead. If you’ve never experienced “Mead Head”, trust me, it is not something that is easily survivable.

I still get flashbacks.:confounded:

5 Likes

@julybighouse thank you SO much for the info! I’ve been wanting to make a mug for years and now think I’m ready to finally make one with confidence.

3 Likes

Damn it man, projects to do pile up quicker than even books to read. This just went to my top 25 list though. So much potential for doing awesome things.

5 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

Saw this chest at Maker Faire Seattle, was very impressed with the quality and its solid feel, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Oh cool! I wasn’t sure if they would use them! Thanks for letting me know! :grinning:

3 Likes

I recognized many of your projects out on the table. Was fun to see and touch them all!

7 Likes

Now I feel very squeeful. Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

Any pics to share? I haven’t seen anything for the Faire yet on the forum.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I didn’t take any. :frowning:

1 Like

@Jules Any chance you have a link to a source for the hinges and clasp?

Oh hmmmm…think it was Amazon for the hinges…yep…these…

hinges

hasp

13 Likes

Many thanks! I printed your awesome pirate box and now I need the hardware, Awesome sauce!

2 Likes

Pick up a bunch of really tiny screws at the hardware store too - i was using M3x6 socket screws (I think).

1 Like

Just curious; what do you use to seal these mugs that’s drink-safe?

1 Like

Almost any type of bar top epoxy or resin should be food safe

1 Like

I just printed it myself, this is great. Thank you very much

1 Like

Printed <3
My 3yo told me he wanted a pirate treasure chest for christmas, so I told him we could put that on his christmas list to Santa. He turned to me (as a matter of fact) and said “No, mom! You can just make it in there!” (points at glowforge) :flushed:
Guess this will be a present from mom and dad haha. Going to cut out some coins and a little map on leather to put inside :hugs:

7 Likes

You just made my day! (Hey, hide the coin filled chest and give him a map with clues and help him find it…would be a fun family thing to do on Christmas morning after the presents are all opened.) :grinning:

4 Likes