Pirate Treasure Chest

Busted :grinning: That’s awesome!

2 Likes

I just want to thank you for this. Just printed it out and everything fits perfectly. My grandchildren are going to love them.

1 Like

Oh, I’m glad to hear it! :grinning:

@Jules… I made this a while ago but wanted to show you just how cool it turned out! Thanks for all you do!

11 Likes

Sweeeet! (I like that hasp!) :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

@Jules thanks for posting your svg file, this was the first non-catalog cut I did. Used it to figure out my settings for cardboard and it turned out great. Added a simple latch and jollyroger for the kids.

17 Likes

Oh totally cool! I like that you built your own hasp out of cardboard too! :grinning:

1 Like

Inkscape Oval Box Generator Program… wait… what!? Where? How? :hushed:

In the Matrix:

5 Likes

Does anything exist like this for Illustrator? I don’t know Inkscape but I’m getting pretty good at Illustrator… :disappointed_relieved:

Nope - you have to use Inkscape for it. (And it’s the only reason i reloaded Inkscape initially.)

By the way, anything generated in Inkscape has to be saved as a Plain SVG or Illustrator can’t handle it.

Thanks Jules for the file! I made it with PG Cherry ply.

10 Likes

Very pretty in cherry! (And I like the corner decor!) :grinning:

1 Like

Just made one from cardboard, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

My pleasure!

I’ve had every intention of making one of these, ever since I got my GF, and STILL haven’t done it. Maybe if I revive the thread it will remind me to get to it! (Assuming it’s still on my HD somewhere, that is!)

#necrogame

2 Likes

Cor! Treasure!

1 Like

I did make one and love it!

1 Like

Does this file cost money. I had a friend asking if i could make this exact type of box.