Pirate's Booty

Can’t. Too many people want to kill me. (Perennial perkiness really drives some folks nuts.)

I must stay in the shadows. :female_detective:

16 Likes

Micro screws for eyeglasses can be bought in bulk on Amazon and other places. But make sure they are screws with pointed ends that can go into wood, and not flat on the end (i.e, really tiny bolts).

6 Likes

Looks great! I have wanted for years to make or buy a treasure chest sized to be a business card holder. I had forgotten about it until I saw this. That’s going on the to-do list.

5 Likes

Love the chest - it’s perfect! http://www.micromark.com/ has lots of mini fasteners, tools, etc.

7 Likes

The model train store here in Denver has the smallest hardware I ever saw. Taps and dies to cut your own, so small you need magnification to tell it’s a tap. A lot of rabid train modelers out there.
That’s where I would look, online at model / train supply.

5 Likes

Might not be EXACTLY what you are looking for, but this is what I ordered to get a good selection of small screws. Smallest is 5mm long. I work with 1/4" wood quite often and these have done pretty well.

As the Resident Pirate around here, I REALLY like your Pirate Chest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And as a Laser Newbie, how do I create the Living Hinge? I have some ideas to use it on, but haven’t taken the plunge in learning the living hinge design yet.

11 Likes

Inkscape has got a plugin for making elliptical boxes out of living hinges - I think once you make a box or two using that plugin, you’ll see exactly how to make them - they’re just a series of offset slices - very easy to duplicate the technique.

Link to plugin from the Matrix:

12 Likes

bookmarked and will review tonight

2 Likes

what a great design! I hope you will share this with the community.

1 Like

Already did. It’s in the Shared Files section. :slightly_smiling_face:

edit: aka: Free Laser Designs

4 Likes

Where is that section? In the app? In the Forum?

Yes, it’s a separate Category. Free Laser Designs. (Forgot the name for a bit.)

It’s where we put the files we’ve shared.

OMG THEIR TABLE SAW HAS A MINI BEVEL GAUGE AND BLADE GUARD! OMG it’s so cute. It’s so useless and/or very specific in use. I want like 20 of them. 30 if they come with a mini dust collector.

Is it sad that I have used professional table saws that are worse then this machine.

5 Likes

Oh yeah…I had forgotten MicroMark. Dang! (That’s another one of those spend hundreds of bucks before you can blink sites.) :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

ok, yep, I think I’m just being a bit slow today. I checked out the Free Laser Designs and I’m still not seeing the pirate chest (Searched the section for Pirate’s Booty and still found nothing).

*sigh

:frowning:

3 Likes

Oh, I might have called it something else…that was last year…

4 Likes

Just careful typing that into Google… Interesting people out there…

6 Likes

Are we sure it’s not “Bounty”? I thought pirates had bounties. :slight_smile: What if we just called it a “Score”? LOL

Edit: Nevermind, I googled… it is in fact a booty. I saw mostly links to types of popcorn, not sure what @jordanloshinsky was looking up. :wink:

5 Likes

I think he must have been on the Pirate’s Booty Call web site

6 Likes

“You don’t have to be lonely, at PiratesOnly… dot commm…”

3 Likes