Planar butt jointing techniques

My GF has been unplugged for a long time - but basement is getting electricity so hopefully I will be back to learning inkscape soon ( :roll_eyes:), not just the occasional lurk here. Same time as wiring was getting put in, I came across this, thought it might be useful here:

Cheers!

3 Likes

A good sander sealer does wonders to minimize the dark and light woods staining each other

1 Like

Got a link?

Wow! Some really inspiring patterns and ideas.

2 Likes

This needs to be bumped. #necrogame

8 Likes

You just saw “butt” and giggled. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Bumping again this is awesome work.
@evansd2 thank you.

5 Likes

This is fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks soo much for all the effort you put into helping us understand your sweet projects!!!:pray:

4 Likes

I saw this and decided I needed to take a try at it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Uploading: IMG_7258.jpeg…

20 Likes

Unique box for a nice puzzle. Well done.

1 Like

Love this, would also make a beautiful keepsake for a cherished pet’s ashes. Thanks so much for sharing.

2 Likes

I love all of this!! Great job!

1 Like

I haven’t tried inlay yet but I would love too - these are really beautiful

3 Likes

Who could not love this?

Keep Creating

2 Likes

Exquisite. One day I’ll be brave brought to try something like this!

1 Like

You’re ready now, I’ve seen your layered mask and double sided puzzle projects. This concept is not as hard as something like that, the only real core skill to know is how to adjust for kerf and flip-mate two opposing sides of a join/inlay. You got this!

3 Likes

Thank you for saying so!!

Despite a lot of reading, kerf adjustment still makes my brain hurt. I think I’m just going to have to jump in and do a whole load of practice cuts to solidify the theory in my mind.

2 Likes

AMAZING! Your work is beautiful.

2 Likes

This is awesome!! Love the puzzle and the box. Wow!

1 Like