Playing with Texture

I know it’s another Chiefs logo, but I wanted something that I was familiar with to see if texturing would make a difference. I think it does. This was made using HD hardboard. I cut out each of the pieces and reassembled and then painted with Rustoleum Texture Spray (a brownish color). After drying it was disassembled and repainted with the proper colors. The final assembly was done on a piece of 10 ply card stock with an extra layer under the red and white areas.
The closeups show the depth it created.

44 Likes

That is a great effect. Gives it that pigskin texture.

5 Likes

Thank you. I may have to try it with my Mizzou tiger.

3 Likes

Yeah, I like the texture…makes it pop! :+1:

4 Likes

Nice work!

2 Likes

Wow, I love the effect!

2 Likes

That’s really cool? Are you doing any kind of precoat on the hardboard or do you find the texture spray is enough of an undercoat? The colors are really consistent and it looks great.

2 Likes

Texture is great.

2 Likes

I spray the texture straight to the wood. I didn’t do or use anything for prepping. I was debating whether or not to, but I painted a piece of scrap to test. After drying it passed the highly technical “fingernail” test :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
I painted with the texture paint several times to get an even coating with the various pieces nested just as they were cut. Before the paint was cured, I separated it out so they wouldn’t stick together.

Looks pretty cool. Love the texture.

3 Likes

Love that texture.

3 Likes

Love how it turned out! I’m thinking there will be a huge amount of Rustoleum Texture paint sold in the coming weeks.

4 Likes

I would have never thought the texture was paint.

Looks fantastic!!

1 Like