Textured sign - How to

Thanks for the step-by-step. Very nice,

2 Likes

As always, you work is very high quality! Well done!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the process, @ovm.steve! So cool! And good choice of team favs! Go Cards!! Can’t wait for baseball season to get here!

1 Like

Thank you.

Me too. We just got a message from our concierge at Busch Stadium tell us they are planning on open the stadium to a limited number of fans. As former season ticket holders we get to buy tickets if all goes well. We are so ready. Are you a Chiefs fan too?

@ovm,steve, that’s so great to hear! Hope you get to go! Not much of a football fan except when there were the STL Rams…But we’re big Blues fans!! :ice_hockey: :grin:

1 Like

Loved the Rams (not anymore though :angry:), love the Blues. I’m planning a Blues sign soon. But I am a huge Chiefs fan. Playing with Texture is one I did in December with their logo. I would like to texture the Mizzou logo (Another game room piece), but I will have to tweak it because the way it is designed it doesn’t lend it’s way to layers very well.

You’ll have to post a pic of your Mizzou art when you have it finished! My niece and son’s girlfriend both graduated from Mizzou! :grin:

1 Like

It’s alway nice to meet others with similar likes and interests.

BTW- Welcome to the forum, I always try to greet members when they first post, but I was in Alaska when you joined. The folks on this site are you best tool and resource for learning to use your GF. Search for topics with the magnifying glass, be vague at first and then narrow your search down, you’ll be amazed at what they have created and problems they have solved. And don’t be afraid to ask for help and answers you can’t find in the archives.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!! I have been blown away, and admittedly a tad intimidated, with the talent everyone has here!! When our daughter got engaged, I bought a diode laser, wanting to make some of our own decorations. Of course, I wanted to buy the Glowforge, but hubby said too expensive when we had a wedding to pay for. We made it through the wedding, and I got a Glowforge for Christmas! Woo-hoo! My husband builds furniture for the family as a hobby…and I want to laser everything! :rofl:

1 Like

He’ll soon be elbowing you out of the way so he can play. This is a fantastic tool. I wanted one for years and my wife said no. But then our youngest son bought this one and soon lost interest, so my wife bought it from him last February for me so I wouldn’t go visiting everyone and catch the virus. Are you all from St. Louis?

1 Like

:rofl: We are both from southern Illinois and live in west central Illinois now, and our kids are in PA and CO now, so I’ve needed an outlet to keep me busy. LOL! I have a Cricut and have enjoyed making things with it and slowly moving into the laser realm!

It may feel intimidating at times, but a little trial and error goes a long ways. We are glad you are finally here with us all and If you or your husband ever have a question or need some assistance, just reach out.

Oh, My wife and I have some friends that moved here from Carterville just outside of Carbondale.

Will do! Thanks again! :blush:

We both went to SIU at Carbondale as did our son, and I lived in Carterville for a year during school. Go Salukis! They had a great basketball team when we were there!

Small world, isn’t it!

Yes it is.

That is a great Step-By-Step! I have used the texture paint before, but using a neutral color and spraying the whole thing is just next level genius!

1 Like

Thanks for the step-by-step! These are the best tutorials/walk-thru’s ! It also looks great :+1:

1 Like

Thank you

Your sign looks awesome, love the textured look. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Wow just wow!! This is a great post!!

1 Like

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes