Playing with the LED Base

It’s a little lose. That is why I created the base.

It’s all about the base.
Pretty design!

4 Likes

Lmao!!! I just spit out my beer!

2 Likes

Wonderful design, and thanks for the tip about the edges!

2 Likes

Very nice work and thanks for the tip on blocking off the acrylic piece.

2 Likes

Looks great! You should engrave behind the SNOW letters too to get them to shine.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the edge lit sign to 11.
Happy Cake Day.

2 Likes

Outstanding! Love the framing technique.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same. If there was an engraved halftone glow/gradient behind the letters, instead of a sharp outline, that might look amazing.

3 Likes

I tried it and it didn’t quite work the way I thought it would. Can’t wait to see how everyone changes the file. I am sure there are going to be some cool variations!

1 Like

This was my attempt at engraving behind wooden letters. I was pretty happy with how it turned out:

4 Likes

I don’t know how I managed to miss that from a year ago… But the design, details and effect are delightful! :star_struck:

5 Likes

I love that it has a bit more interest due to having both wood and acrylic. Blocking the top … what a sweet find!

1 Like

Thanks! It was really fun to design and played a little with the top to get it to glow more. Lots of ways to change it!

1 Like

I love this! Any suggestions for how you built the frame? I’m trying to pick it apart from the photos, but it’s a little tough to see.

The design is in the Free Laser Design section. No need to guess from the photos.

Would be handy for those to reference that, possibly include a link, in your original post. Many newcomers won’t know to go search for it.

@dklgood isn’t the original poster. :wink:

Found it, thanks for the nudge. I wouldn’t have known to search for it there :slight_smile:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/let-it-snow-led-lamp-base/48100

2 Likes