Please Help with printer head and camera

I cleaned my glowforge Friday and I am not sure what i did but now my printer head isnt moving and my camera is saying it didn’t take a picture…I have gone thru the instructions, emailed support, tried to get help on FB but to no avail…I am stressing as I have tons of work to do and am a complete and total loss…

Can someone help me please…

Welcome to the forum.
If you have already checked that the connections of the black lid cable are secure and that your wifi is stable, there is not much more to be done but wait for Support to look at your logs. Is it possible that in your cleaning you sprayed liquid around the connections or dislodged them in some way? When you turn the Glowforge and open the lid do you get a “lid open” error? Have you tried using your phone as a hotspot and using that instead of wifi?

Hi - thank you. Yes it’s very possible that liquid has gotten around them. I did check and they don’t seem dislodged.

Yes when they lid is open it does say lid open. I haven’t tried a hotspot only because I just figured if there was no internet it would come up saying offline.

Chat is available, maybe you can get some quick assistance.

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.