Plus not cutting all the way through on PG Med Draft Board

Thank you so much for taking the time to send over these images. I’m going to extract the logs from your Glowforge and investigate. As soon as I have more information, I’ll make sure to reach out and update you.

No problem at all. Thanks for your assistance Marc. One other thing…I just cut a project on PG Medium Basswood Plywood using the automatic PG settings and it cut like a dream. It cut so cleanly that my pieces fell out of the board while trying to take it off the crumb tray. The problem I am experiencing definitely seems to be limited to the PG Medium Draftboard.

Thanks again for your help!

I appreciate you updating me! I reviewed the Gift of Good Measure print, and also some of the other prints that may have used Draftboard. Just so I have all of the right information, were these same prints done on one piece of Proofgrade Draftboard, or multiple pieces?

If it is one piece of Draftboard, could you measure your material with a pair of precision calipers (or another precise measuring tool) if you have them, and send me the values you record? Be sure to remove the protective layer on both sides before measuring.

Hi Marc,

My apologies for the delay in getting back with you. The ornaments I originally tried cutting which failed to cut through were on one piece of Draftboard. I then used a new piece which came in my sample pack to cut the Gift of Good Measure which you asked for…so I guess technically, there were two different boards used. Here are the measurements that you asked for:

Board one (ornaments that failed): 0.124"
Board two (Gift of Good Measure): 0.130"

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again!

Ken

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to measure both of the boards. I’m going to extract the logs from your Glowforge and compare the prints to narrow down what could be causing the trouble. Once I have more information, I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as possible.

No problem. I know you are busy. Thanks for keeping me updated and helping out.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news. I’ll close this thread.