Pocket business card holder

Modular, I only used 2 middle pieces, sanded with 600 grit. Feels amazing in my pocket with the wooden cards. :slight_smile:

businesscardbox.svg.zip (24.7 KB)

76 Likes

Very nice! :grinning:

2 Likes

Mahalo!

2 Likes

Wonderful work and thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Hehe very simple but it does the job. :slight_smile:

Someone on my marketing team at work asked me recently to come up with a simple business card holder that he can keep in his pocket… Thanks for saving me a ton of design work! (with me, it takes a ton of work because I tend to do a lot of trial and error work… :wink:)

5 Likes

My pleasure! It really feels great in your pocket, and you can scale it up if you want. Fun making it, but it is a glue project. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Those needle tip squeeze bottles make glueing a joy!

5 Likes

They are the best find ever!

Anything with a pineapple on it is my weakness, in fact, I just got my new bubble mailers in today and look what’s on them!

Awesome project, and super cool of you to share. Now if only I’d get my act together and order some dang business cards :call_me_hand:t4:

9 Likes

Those are great mailers! I made my cards from Cards of Wood veneer. Pass them through the laser printer, then cut them on the laser. (this way you can read them, yes you can painstakingly engrave each one, but it is too light, or blows through, and it takes forever, but printing and cutting, awesome, and looks great in the wooden box)

3 Likes

Love the wood veneer card stock, too. And found the same issue with not enough contrast with the etching–also printing the text is so much faster than engraving! Love those snap marks for making it easy to print a sheet and then cut them out!

3 Likes

My card isn’t very fancy with the design but it makes up for it with the wood. I should probably shellac the cards because the toner does wear off a little bit sliding in and out of the case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice job! Wish I needed one, it is adorable.

Edit: I don’t really wish I needed one. Early retired for grandchildren, and staying that way!

5 Likes

Gosh, thanks! I really like the way you rounded the corners with sanding. The piece doesn’t really shout “laser cut” that way.

4 Likes

@ptodd thank you! Sounds like a different full time job :slight_smile: my parents do the same for us, and it is a lifesaver.

@cynd11 mahalo! It is so smooth. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Like your design - especially the smoothed corners. Thanks for the share!

3 Likes

Thank you:) I engraved my business card into the side of the one I use, looks neat when it dispenses the same card made of wood.

4 Likes

Really great design! I love this.

2 Likes

Hehe thanks!

2 Likes