Poll: Okay guys, and this time I do mean the guys specifically:

The reason I voted for Mary Ann is the actress who played her seemed like a real down to earth person. I actually met Tina Louise who played Ginger many years ago and she was not a very nice person & that has stuck in my mind all these years.

4 Likes

Crap, now I don’t feel old, I feel ancient lmao. BTW, if you ever have a chance, look up a cute little show called the “Allen’s Family”, or wait, was that the “Adam’s Family” :smirk::grin:

6 Likes

Don’t forget “The Muensters”… oh no, that’s cheese… I meant “The Munsters” - it’s just a little corny. :smiley: It’s also on Netflix. That show has been in re-runs so long I didnt even know they only lasted two seasons.

4 Likes

i love this show so much.

Oh, the Atoms family, a favorite, they make up everything. :grinning:

5 Likes

They did make that one movie, “The Atom’s Family Values” where the girl scout cookies were made from real girl scouts.

6 Likes

Me too! She came and spoke to our theatre students when I worked for a nearby university. There’s something trippy about answering your phone and hearing, “Hi, this is Dawn Wells…I was MaryAnn on Gilligan’s Island!”

I think I managed a very inarticulate, “Wow…cool! And, uh, how are you today?” :roll_eyes:

She was very sweet!

9 Likes

And a simple economic analysis explains the ‘playing on at least one TV channel somewhere’ and no residuals. Residuals increase the cost of syndication. The great majority of those channels are simply looking for the cheapest thing they can get to fill some air time. So they go for shows from the 60s and before as filler. If the cast got residuals then it wouldn’t be playing as frequently. Life ain’t fair. This is why the Three Stooges got so well known after their filming life was done. It was one of the cheapest things to put on air, and so people became very familiar with it.

5 Likes