[POLL] Would you ask a refund NOW if you would be promised you'd be able to buy the GF on the final release date at the same price you paid initially?

Glad you know the insides of everybody’s reasoning and checking accounts, their habits and philosophy. A few folks have given very reasonable explanations of why they are happy with the money put away.
I had the money last October. I spent it. I don’t want it back. I’m waiting for my GlowForge. If they gave my money to me, I would spend it. I would have to buy it again. Twice! Mathematically it would be once; but emotionally I would have to shell out a huge wad Twice.
No thanks. It’s been spent for a year and it’s gone.
You can call me a liar; but that won’t make you right.

6 Likes

No sir, I would simply say that’s basic communication error. The purpose of the poll is when you pay and at what price, nothing to do with delivery. So you’re voting no based on something not being asked.

Which again is why I think the poll is silly as is, because literally no one would vote no as it’s worded.

Well I definitely can agree with you about that. Polls in general are way too open for interpretation, let alone a poll based on a single question.

1 Like

I give you BREXIT!:relaxed:

6 Likes

14 Likes

4 Likes

Snort! ROFL! :grin:

Again, I offer BREXIT. You probably have to be a Brit to get that one though. If you’re from across the pond and can nail the reference…Damn! you’re well informed!

6 Likes

Because the I don’t want to wait until “the final release date” which I presumed to be July 2017. Dan has said they will ship earlier as they build units not waiting until they have 10,000 of them sitting in a warehouse to ship. Thus if all goes well, I’ll see my unit sometime before July by staying vs. getting my money back and then rebuying in July.

If however. the “final release date” means February or March when Dan said the first units may go out, then again I’d say “no” because it’d be a PITA for a marginal gain. I don’t have enough life minutes left to waste on that.

3 Likes

exactly. I want my unit asap. I dont need any unnecessary complications getting in the way. That money wont make any difference to me if I had it for a few months anyways, Its not like I can spend it.

1 Like