Power outage happened during engraving. Anyway to finish my engraving? Had less than a minute left

Hi
I had less than a minute and had a power outage. Is there anyway to complete the engraving?

Welcome to the forum.

No, the machine will not start where it left off. There are work arounds depending on the size of the engrave and the cost of the material which might be worth the effort.

4 Likes

No, BUT.

If you put tinfoil over the part that’s already done you can run it again (ignoring any bits that are 100% complete) and it’ll line up perfectly.

If it’s your design you can go even further and edit out the already done parts and then line it up to the artwork in the GFUI (don’t try to line up to the prior engraving visually) and run it.

6 Likes

I’ve done this…and it was quite successful…but, I must attribute some of that to sheer good fortune.

4 Likes

I do it pretty frequently… mostly when part of my design hits the metal cover of my magnet. You’d think I’d get better at that but not so far!

4 Likes

How do I use GFUI to line up the artwork? I am totally new to Glowforge Aura.

Hi.
I am a total newbie to the Glowforge Aura and this is like my second print. How do I line up to the artwork in GFUI?

I don’t have an :aura:, but presumably the UI looks similar to the :glowforge:'s

When you have a design you can see the lines of it in the UI - line up the new parts with those lines - ignoring if it looks like it’s in the wrong place on the material. If you haven’t moved anything than hitting go again on a design will re-run in the exact same place (barring something getting in its way.)

Imagine the top line of the Gift of Good Measure didn’t cut fully - this is how I’d recut just that section using the GFUI tools:

3 Likes

It’s probably a bit too complex for me to describe here, but basically, I used my design app, Affinity, to crop off the part that had already been engraved, then by zooming into the GFUI, aligned the newly cropped piece to what had already been done. The way I did it had nothing to do with the GFUI…I had to just eyeball it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.