Practical cuts

A tray for various inks paints and glues:

9 Likes

A set of corner clamps:

These are really useful for squaring up, even if you don’t use them as clamps. I have been using them to square up friction fit joints, jut by pressing them up against the inside surfaces.

Their design is pretty clever, you can actually clamp something really small because they can be “overlapped”. Kudos to @paul4, well done.

15 Likes

Oh, I like your solution to small strap clamps. I’ll have to mimic you on these.

I take no credit, this was @paul4’s post here: Tabbed Box Gluing Jig

3 Likes

Love the corner clamps. Think you could post the pattern?

I’m curious is the left,ost box have a slanted front? How is that done? Love the boxes link thanks for that.

I’d like to see the whiteboard marker holders in the office. How convenient.

Sometimes it is easier to make an angle gauge than to break out the fancy digital one.

Light, reusable, replaceable if damaged. Doesn’t have to be out of nice :proofgrade: but why not, I produce a lot of :proofgrade: scrap.

13 Likes

I love your ingenuity and drive to discover how to make things happen. I built that hammer and use it a lot.

1 Like

If your window sill is too small, make a shelf that fits perfectly.
So I had this shot glass in which I was growing basil. The shot glass would just fit on the sill but the curtain would rub against it. I used a contour gauge my brother had but didn’t use to make a general template. Tweek the design in F360 and prototyped with cardboard, an hour later and I have my shelf cut from 1/4" smoke acrylic ( can’t tell from the picture but it’s slightly transparent). Best of all the window still open and closes easily.

28 Likes

Very pretty! :slightly_smiling_face:

Clever solution! And a healthy Basil :sunglasses:

1 Like

Amazing. Only yesterday for the first time tried this - a shot of vodka, two of bitter lemon and two torn up basil leaves.
Haven’t got a name for it yet, and the prep of the leaves needs working on, but there you go.
Suggestions welcome !
John :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

A doorstop with a fixed custom angle…

28 Likes

It looks like a cross section of a tree, was that your intent? Does the doorstop get inserted into the hinge? Interesting design.

1 Like

Can’t get much more straight forward than this. And, I use my cardboard prototypes for stuff, too.

21 Likes

What is it?

15 Likes

:rofl: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

In all seriousness, it’s interesting because it seems to be a straight butt joint, no fingers. Did you do anything in particular to hold it together while it was gluing? (assume it’s glued).

3 Likes

That is a semi-permeable, fixed spacial, rigid air drawer

12 Likes