Pre-Release | A little engraving fix for you guys on this holiday

oh i know man! its pretty amazing. I took it to work with me so I could stare at in while waiting for compiles

36 Likes

A coin for scale in the pic would help pronounce the great detail in that!

2 Likes

Wow! Just as I posted…

8 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

I would like to post that picture on G+ with your permission…

4 Likes

Go for it. Here’s a few more if you want any of these

29 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Yep, this engrave just about matches a full build from scratch on my Mac Pro. Currently my 3D printer has such long prints going that it goes through entire Build-QI cycles (my current parts for this project are taking 32 hours/part x3). Have to laser stuff I guess during builds…

1 Like

May I ask what settings were used?

3 Likes

default proofgrade dark, maple ply

5 Likes

With that fantastic detail, I was curious about lpi…?

2 Likes

I cant remember what it defaults to, but its either 270 or 340. I can check when I get back home

5 Likes

Oh wait, I forgot that I can log in from here to check. Its 340

13 Likes

I’ll have to get this vector somewhere! I saw a link earlier but the links to the download were broken.
I’ve wanted the Aztec calendar to be my first print since I ordered my glowforge.
Ever since I got a sales package from FSL with this aztec calendar in it I’ve been obsessed with finding a laser to suit my needs. When the glowforge got announced I finally had something I could justify buying for the space I have!

I guess without the Aztec calendar I wouldn’t be here on these forums! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thank you Sir!

wikipedia has one:

20 Likes

Not gunna lie…I probably spent a solid ten minutes just staring at that first photo. And then to hear that it’s only 4" big??

Thanks so much for not only sharing this amazing design, but also for showing the benefits of leaving the masking on the final piece! I would have never thought to leave it on, but after seeing the two engravings side by side I think I actually prefer the one with only selective weeding. To me, the smoke on the masking gives it more dimension and makes the weeded parts pop even more in comparison. Amazing work! :grin:

14 Likes

No problem! Im really loving the selective weeding as well! I really cant wait until 3d engraving is available to pre-release users. Then I can start making them with actual dimensions like that! so excited for that

7 Likes

Oh man, if you’re already changing people’s stance on glowforge now, I can see the fb laser groups just exploding when you get some 3D engravings done!!

8 Likes

Yep. Here’s the direct link to the SVG file - you can grab different resolutions and pixel sizes from here:

19 Likes