Pre-Release | A little engraving fix for you guys on this holiday

It is. I has the dumb

4 Likes

For months, Iā€™ve been designing things I thought would look really good when engraved on the GF. This example means I really need to up my game. All my designs now look way too simple by comparison. Amazing!

6 Likes

great advice - Iā€™ll keep this in mind :slight_smile:

Very cool! Thanks for your time, and the inspiration!

2 Likes

At first I was thinking, yeah thatā€™s pretty cool level of detail. Then you clarified that this was a mere 4" in which case my jaw dropped. Thatā€™s an insane level of detail. Absolutely incredible quality.

8 Likes

oh i know man! its pretty amazing. I took it to work with me so I could stare at in while waiting for compiles

36 Likes

A coin for scale in the pic would help pronounce the great detail in that!

2 Likes

Wow! Just as I postedā€¦

8 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

I would like to post that picture on G+ with your permissionā€¦

4 Likes

Go for it. Hereā€™s a few more if you want any of these

29 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Yep, this engrave just about matches a full build from scratch on my Mac Pro. Currently my 3D printer has such long prints going that it goes through entire Build-QI cycles (my current parts for this project are taking 32 hours/part x3). Have to laser stuff I guess during buildsā€¦

1 Like

May I ask what settings were used?

3 Likes

default proofgrade dark, maple ply

5 Likes

With that fantastic detail, I was curious about lpiā€¦?

2 Likes

I cant remember what it defaults to, but its either 270 or 340. I can check when I get back home

5 Likes

Oh wait, I forgot that I can log in from here to check. Its 340

13 Likes

Iā€™ll have to get this vector somewhere! I saw a link earlier but the links to the download were broken.
Iā€™ve wanted the Aztec calendar to be my first print since I ordered my glowforge.
Ever since I got a sales package from FSL with this aztec calendar in it Iā€™ve been obsessed with finding a laser to suit my needs. When the glowforge got announced I finally had something I could justify buying for the space I have!

I guess without the Aztec calendar I wouldnā€™t be here on these forums! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thank you Sir!