Pre-Release | A little engraving fix for you guys on this holiday

That is incredible!

2 Likes

Both together just because why not

47 Likes

OK, just learning about what does what. Why does one appear more white than the other? I thought the darker one was mostly weeded, and the lighter one was 100% weeded

5 Likes

Boy that looks great! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

7 Likes

The darker one, I only weeded the big triangular spikes and the middle face. The lighter one I weeded the whole thing. The masking is on there to keep the smoke and sooty liquid that bubbles out from getting on the surface of the wood. The masking that I left on is stained from the sooty smoke.

15 Likes

No problem! It does look great! Everyone on the facebook forums are freaking out over it. This thing can sure do some detail

14 Likes

OH! I had it COMPLETELY backwards in my head. I thought you weeded everything BUT the triangles and head. That makes sense now.

10 Likes

Omg i love it do much I might have to buy two more glowforges lol

4 Likes

I was confused by that, tooā€¦glad you asked about it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s absolutely insane detail. It just keeps getting better!:squeeee:

5 Likes

That makes me want my machine even more, canā€™t wait to do something like that myself. Keep up the great work.

6 Likes

Hilarious reading!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing!

2 Likes

I totally had it backward too!!! Thanks for asking and getting that cleared up for the both of us :wink: Iā€™m sure some lurkers too :smile:

3 Likes

Those are just stunning :astonished:.

Not to use up material, but how does that come out on the K40?

1 Like

WOW! that is amazing detail!

That seems to actually be the Aztec calendar.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the first thing that came to mind!

You should cut one of these on your K40 - itā€™d be interesting to see the difference in both time & quality! :wink:

1 Like

Just think what the Mayan Civilization could have done with a GlowforgeĀ®ā€¦ :thinking:

4 Likes