Pre-Release Candidates Named

I added my location information to my profile a few weeks ago. Hopefully, others will do the same to hep us better understand where others are located.

5 Likes

We’ll drive. It’s only 1200 miles from me :slight_smile: All in a day’s ride.

5 Likes

Im glad your not in Seattle. Thought that all of the machines were going to be tested there. Nice to see them going to Missouri. Please post photos.

3 Likes

Glow forge map? I have not see that.

Overnighted? Huh.

2 Likes

Check it out here - you can add yourself and see who’s near you. (Near being relative. :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

Google tells me your 420 mi, 7.5 hrs away. Not bad! Then it suggests it’s a 6hr flight for $550? I don’t think that’s I correct :scream:

3 Likes

whaaaaaaat!

10 Likes

Wow. I wonder if they will ship them all like this. :thumbsup:

Awesome

4 Likes

Doubtful. 40+ lbs Overnighted? FedEx no less. Stupidly pricey.

Nice! a new expression. Very @Jules worthy. :laughing: Go :glowforge: - Rich

5 Likes

For pre-release, the extra information they get by having the machine being tested for a few more days is likely worth the shipping increment.

2 Likes

Or to meet the ‘end of Nov’ promise. shrug

At any rate, Any telemetry is better than no telemetry. I’d be curious if they have installed shock stickers on the inside and outside of the box.

3 Likes

You might be surprised at the discount large manufacturers and distributors get from FedEx, UPS, DHL, and the like…

7 Likes

A guy can dream. :upside_down:

1 Like

It’s arrived. I am out on a sick call. What timing. Pics when I get back.

25 Likes

:glowforge::squee::squeee::squeeee::glowforge:

EXCITING!!!

2 Likes

Our company does this alot. We have a lab rig that’s about 65lbs that gets shipped all over the world. Discount or not, It’s still expensive.

1 Like

I think I feel a bit sorry for your parishioners. Chuckle! :smile:

Good luck!

3 Likes

doh!! always how it goes :smile:

1 Like