Pre-Release Candidates Named

Congrats. Can’t wait to what people start making on the GF.

15 Likes

Where are you located? Can we ALL come over to see it?
Ill bring cupcakes.

9 Likes

It has been so gratifying to see all the Beta user projects I can’t wait to live a little more vicariously through some Pre-release user projects. Go :glowforge: - Rich

6 Likes

I woke up this morning and did the requisite email check on my phone. I got all excited because I thought I saw a message from @Rita! Unfortunately it was just the universe reminding me how badly I need my glasses - it was from Rite Aid.

I’m going back to sleep…

39 Likes

Peed a little! :laughing:

8 Likes

Click my avatar. I put my location in my preferences. Can’t promise anything but it may happen. I’d like to have a Glowfest. I love parties. From the Glowforge google map there are just a few around me (2 hours away).

5 Likes

Supposed to come today. Priority overnight FedEx. From Seattle.

Just realized I’m going to have two Glowforges to name. Imagine when you found out there were twins! If there is no protocol in the setup process for me to follow, I’ll most likely call it MakForge.

And while we are at it, I wonder if Glowforge names have to be unique in the system like users names. I know they’ll have some other ID code but for the personal name.

The folks who set up first get first dibs then. So Glowie-Mac-Forge-Face will go pretty fast.

21 Likes

I added my location information to my profile a few weeks ago. Hopefully, others will do the same to hep us better understand where others are located.

5 Likes

We’ll drive. It’s only 1200 miles from me :slight_smile: All in a day’s ride.

5 Likes

Im glad your not in Seattle. Thought that all of the machines were going to be tested there. Nice to see them going to Missouri. Please post photos.

3 Likes

Glow forge map? I have not see that.

Overnighted? Huh.

2 Likes

Check it out here - you can add yourself and see who’s near you. (Near being relative. :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

Google tells me your 420 mi, 7.5 hrs away. Not bad! Then it suggests it’s a 6hr flight for $550? I don’t think that’s I correct :scream:

3 Likes

whaaaaaaat!

10 Likes

Wow. I wonder if they will ship them all like this. :thumbsup:

Awesome

4 Likes

Doubtful. 40+ lbs Overnighted? FedEx no less. Stupidly pricey.

Nice! a new expression. Very @Jules worthy. :laughing: Go :glowforge: - Rich

5 Likes

For pre-release, the extra information they get by having the machine being tested for a few more days is likely worth the shipping increment.

2 Likes

Or to meet the ‘end of Nov’ promise. shrug

At any rate, Any telemetry is better than no telemetry. I’d be curious if they have installed shock stickers on the inside and outside of the box.

3 Likes