Pre-Release | Garden Stakes

I had wanted a juniper bonsai for so long, and was really excited when the plant nursery down the street from me got a large collection of them. I went and picked out a fairly young bonsai, but they had some that were older than 80 years and amazing looking (not to mention incredibly expensive).

Mine died, and I figured I had killed it, even after sticking to the directions at closely as possible. When I went back to ask them what I did wrong, turns out it wasnt my fault. ALL of the bonsais they had there had died just due to the climate.

Im planning on just making a fake one some day =P

3 Likes

These look great!

Yet another project that I’ll have to hide from the people who will want to share time on my precious. :wink:

2 Likes

Pointy, yet pointless. Sounds like a bush with a poetic existential crisis. Maybe that’s the point. :wink:

2 Likes

Or a Nilsson cartoon. (If you’ve never seen the Point - is really a good cartoon, I still have the VHS)

7 Likes

Ours would just need to say “weeds”

4 Likes

Beautiful!

Agreed. Our collective jealousy is huge.

Gosh darn you.

Those are great! I have a notebook full of garden themed projects I can’t wait to get to. Please continue to show yours!

1 Like

Me too! Absolutely love it. Kept a VCR for it too. And my copy of Mel Brooks’ 2000 Year Old Man. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

“Me and my Arrow”:relaxed:

4 Likes

Try putting some acrylic paint into the cavities and you’ve got nice colored type. Use a rubber block to squeegee the face clean and let it dry. Just an idea taken from a friend who’s an old school architectural modelmaker.

I have the original album. Lovely story. I first heard it in the early 70s, played to us by our English teacher at school.

2 Likes

Straight up and narrow…

3 Likes

Wherever we go, everyone knows…

2 Likes

Its me and my Arrow

3 Likes

I may need to make some of these for my gardening attempts.

17 Likes

I need some of these for sure. Doing good with tomatoes and lavender. But they basically take care of themselves.

1 Like

Just some cute possibilities found online…

24 Likes

I love the first sign. Thank you for posting them. :joy::thumbsup:

2 Likes

Me too! :smile:

1 Like