Pre-Release Glowforge: delivery, unboxing, setup, first prints! :glowforge:

That is definitely made on a Glowforge! Can’t wait to hear the music. We love to see people printing.

8 Likes

Top one is back right corner. Bottom one front right Left corner. You can tell it’s Left because of the vent flange.

Edit: I’m upside down and can’t think straight. That is left side of Glowforge as views from above. :point_down:

3 Likes

Thanks. Nice pic. Although it only shows my user name and no where does it asked me to name my forge. :scream_cat:

And here is the video of the print. 14 minutes through the weeding and scrutiny.

Apologies for the terrible focus and jerky motions. I’ll make it up to you.

37 Likes

I’m a little surprised it did the cut before the engrave. Did you change any settings?

7 Likes

No change. All default.

4 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate you recording all of this for us.

3 Likes

Yes we are on the map. I know I was wondering if the 4 of us that seem to be in this general area could share in ideas and places to buy and just help in general. I am a complete novice, my son has some cnc experience, but this is going to be an adventure for us.

2 Likes

I see prints like this almost every day at HQ but for whatever reason I keep re-watching this video. So cool. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

@marmak3261 - I heard you were looking for a metric ruler, so I attached one made quick and dirty… :slight_smile:

metric-ruler.svg (83.3 KB)
metric-ruler.zip (7.8 KB)

17 Likes

This is soooo amazing!!! Thanks so much @marmak3261 for taking the time to upload such informative and exciting videos. :grinning:

6 Likes

You should see if dan can hook you up with his plans for the glowforge recording cell phone holder!

3 Likes

Oops, I thought I heard you refer to it by that name in one of the vids. Again, thanks for posting.

1 Like

A beer advent calendar?? That is just freakin’ brilliant.

7 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get the one full of drams of whisky for years now.

5 Likes

Are you allowed to take any screenshot of the UI? Also are you using the web front end or a plug-in?

3 Likes

Yes, that is a great question, are you allowed to video to take pictures of the process from the start, ie. putting the design into the glowforge program. Can you show something from photoshop, illustrator, etc. and how it goes through the process of being printed/cut on the glowforge?

3 Likes

I wanted to add my thanks for investing your time sharing all of this with us. I know it’s part of the deal with the pre-release, but your time is still limited and valuable, so a big thanks to you for it.

8 Likes

Thanks for all the effort to make these videos and document your steps, it’s really great to see the GF in action. Kudos!

5 Likes

@marmak3261 how loud would you say it is. In one of the Tested video one of them (I think Norm) mentioned it’s “as loud as a vacuum” maybe I buy cheap vaccum cleaners but this sounds quiet in comparison. I am amazed at how well we hear you when talking during its operation.

8 Likes

Perfect! I was wondering if that was the vent flange showing in the one photo. Thank you so much…that helps a lot.

4 Likes