Pre-release - Leather Adventures

Wow. Fantastic!

2 Likes

Now that you point it out the monarch is too symmetrical, but that is also because it is flat out. If there were bends to the wings you wouldn’t notice it could also be fixed with some variegated colors I think. Still looks great. Can’t wait to see more, I love these masks, I myself have an oak leaf greenman one.

2 Likes

What can I say?..Those are beautiful…was not thinking of doing leather , but now. INSPIRATION.
Keep up the great work…have less pain…and … GO BABY GO !

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement :slight_smile: I’m incredibly happy and grateful for this. I knew that pain - and just the need to always pace myself in order to avoid or manage pain - was slowing me down, but I didn’t realize the extent of that. It’s hard to express the weight that this lifts from me, and the freedom/ability that it gives me. It’s huge.

Oh! On that note, I should mention a shortcut that has been tremendously helpful - I’ve been scanning my patterns using my iPhone via the “Adobe Capture” app, which turns the image into a vector and sends it to illustrator (or PS if you prefer). I could probably do the same with my scanner + a few more steps, but my scanner is terrible and I hate fighting with it. This has been so simple, and it works very well. Still a bit of clean up and tweaking once I get it to AI, but it helps!

Thank you, I will. I have a loooong way to go in terms of my software skills. I’m truly at ground zero on that front :wink:

6 Likes

I had downloaded Adobe Capture and it works very well and then I didn’t use it any more. I forgot why I didn’t use it any more. It is a closed system as far as I can see. Capture is the gateway drug that hooks you on with an excellent vectorizing but then it gets saved in the Adobe Cloud and can’t be accessed unless you have Adobe editing software. Unless I am missing something here.

Here is the link to something I scanned with the phone. Can someone open this who has AI and use it and tell if it it works or maybe post the SVG of it or send it to me? Files | Adobe Creative Cloud

Just checking if we can help each other out.

And I’d be happy to do any post procession for anyone or this when it comes to a scan if we can trade services.

1 Like

I will try this later today when I’m at my desktop and have a bit more time. If you don’t hear back from me by this evening, remind me (juggling a lot right now, so memory is slipping :wink: ).

1 Like

Thanks. No hurry.

Love. It. All.

You + Glowforge = Awesome things!

4 Likes

Capture is not a gateway drug
if you are already an Adobe addict.

8 Likes

Funny man, you are. And it’s not a gateway drug for anything else, either!

I think it’s pretty useful, even with a free account…

Un-retouched export…

Exported an SVG straight to Dropbox, too. :sunglasses:

13 Likes

really? hmm, I thought that you could only get bitmaps out of it without an adobe account of some kind. Neat!

Well said and thank you!

What is your AdobeFu to go from a Capture SVG to Dropbox without another Adobe product? Bitmaps can save to device as a picture. It wasn’t the best Capture but this demonstrates the result of the vector trace. It’s doable. In the end I swear it’s just easier to trace node by node to get the closed paths I want. I’ll load Inkscape’s centerline trace and see how that goes.

1 Like

I used my free Adobe.com account, but when I had the scan, I click the “export” icon at the bottom of the page, then “Export As…”, and then pick one of the standard iOS export locations: Message, Gmail, Import with Evernote, Import with Dropbox, etc.

“It’s amazing what you can do when you don’t know you can’t.” – Bull Gator (John Astin) from Taz-Mania, c.1991

4 Likes

Let’s see if the SVG will display…

Yup.

3 Likes

I have the free account for capture. My export options are only for Adobe cloud library, Facebook, Twitter or photo album, all as bitmaps.

Are these export options enabled only if you have Illustrator or another vector manipulator?

@marmak3261, I had the same problem. Turned out my version of Capture was out of date. Try updating.

2 Likes

Updated. Now it allows me to use Whatsapp Too! Bitmap only.

Looking for more documentation but I believe that if you have the correct Adobe apps, then you can export it. Otherwise no deal.

Keep looking for proof otherwise.

Can’t get the screenshots to load in the right order from my phone. Will try again when I’m on my laptop… (But I think cynd11 is correct)

The only non-Adobe sharing I can do on my iPad is to go to Camera Roll (maybe it’s different for Android), but that works fine for me. From Camera Roll I can go anywhere.