Pre Release: Leather Earrings

Those are gorgeous! Awesome work!

1 Like

These are gorgeous!!!

2 Likes

Extraordinary!!!

1 Like

This settles it. Going to get my ears pierced this afternoon. These are just too beautiful! Just energy and motion in the design.

16 Likes

Those really are beautiful - esp. with the color added ! For a bonus if you wear them upside down they resemble a logo I’ve seen somewhere…:thinking:

1 Like

My mind just blanked. :astonished:

8 Likes

Awwwww, shucks!:blush:

2 Likes

I am not going to get my ears pierced but lovely work.

1 Like

Holy crap. That’s gorgeous.

3 Likes

They look fantastic! And please keep posting everything - I love checking in on the forum and seeing a bunch of “Made on a Glowforge” posts!

5 Likes

Holy moleeds!!! Those are stunning.

2 Likes

those are absolutely gorgeous!

2 Likes

As you should be - they’re stunning!

Im quite impressed by the fact that these use 15/0 beads for the edging. For those who don’t do beadwork, the higher the number, the smaller the bead - so size 15/0 seed beads are quite small (IIRC - they’re the smallest size still being manufactured today). The fact that she used them here really underscores the fine detail in scale, design and workmanship.

The end result has a simple elegance, but there’s so much thoughtful detail going on here! I love it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Awwww, {blush}. I probably shouldn’t have zoomed in so close, it makes those 15/0’s look like bowling balls. But of course, it does help you spot the design mistake. Can you find it? :wink:

3 Likes

Unless it has to do with maybe which way they hang (reversing the findings) I don’t see a problem.

2 Likes

Nope! (That’s just a trick of the camera angle, they are really the same.) No, it’s pretty subtle but you’ll smack your forehead when you realize what it is.

3 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be mirror symetry as one would expect. The tilt of the beadwork goes around the perimeter equally clockwise rather than one counterclockwise. That’s all I have.

1 Like

Chuckle! Whatever it is, if anyone spots it they are MUCH TOO CLOSE! :smile:

4 Likes

Ooooo, that’s even more subtle than I realized! It wasn’t what I had in mind but you are right! Should have stitched one from the opposite direction.

4 Likes

And that’s exactly why I’m self deprecating with my projects. Don’t need anyone picking apart the designs or implementation. “Works good enough” is my motto. And no, that has nothing to do with my career as a Government employee.

14 Likes