Pre Release: Leather Earrings

Sure, but I don’t mind here 'cause I asked for it.

Okay, I’ll put you all out of your misery: it’s the number of stitching holes. Should have been an odd number of holes so I could tie the knot in the back. As it is I had to go through one hole twice. Because I was too lazy to count the holes. If I ever upload the design file I’ll fix it first.

8 Likes

I looked, but couldn’t find the error until you pointed it out!

1 Like

Uhm, yeah…that would have shot right past me…chuckle! :grin:

1 Like

I’m sure a clip on version could be made. :grin:

2 Likes

Holy cow, those are amazing!!

1 Like

Awesome work.
I’ve just phoned my wife in Corinth(I’m in UK) and managed to describe them to her, as she’s not ‘connected’ [semi-technophobe :wink: ] , and is now as keen as I am for my GF to turn up !

By the way, I have about 50kg of beads I want to dispose of in the UK, if anyone is interested, please pm me for details.

3 Likes

These are gorgeous! I’m so impressed, and really appreciate you including all the materials and steps. <3

2 Likes

Amazing! I suspect I could not do this.
Oh, and as for the 1st one, I think that one looks great too! Not what you were going for, I realize, but it’s definitely cool!

1 Like

looks like you made quite an impression!

15 Likes

How about that! Now I’m kinda wishing I had shown the finished product as the first photo…

8 Likes

I know what you mean about the finished product. Sometimes I do that because it helps focus and is an easy way to introduce. Sometimes that narrative demands the build steps though!

2 Likes

But I like it when the writer builds up suspense until the big reveal at the end.

3 Likes

Copics are made in Japan, so they should be available in France for a similar price as we find them in the US; they are imported from overseas either way.
They are expensive, but I think it is worth the expense. They last longer than any of the other similar pens I have tried, the colors are varied and reliable, and they are refillable (with replaceable nibs, too). You can even get an airbrush system to expand the capabilities further (although I have not tried it).

edit:-disclaimer- I do not work for Copic, and while I would love to be endorsed by Copic, I am not. If anyone wants to fix that problem and send me copious crates of copic colors, that would be just fine with me.

10 Likes

Hey, that’s me! I helped! And on such a lovely project as well.

Wait, that means I’m a valuable contributor, now! You hear that, Dan?! VALUABLE! CONTRIBUTOR!
//runs outside to sit by mailbox to wait for pre-release unit//

But seriously, these are amazing. You’ll have to forgive me for not showing them to any of my friends, though, until I’ve at least had a little while with my glowforge to myself. I fear many in my life are going to suddenly become laser-hogs when they realize the possibility of sweet accessories.

12 Likes

Yes you did! Your solution was brilliant!

4 Likes

Phew! I’m glad, because often I am mostly making things up and hoping no one will notice :wink:

5 Likes

Nice Work. Love the detail. Bet this makes your creations so much easier. Well Done

1 Like

they may be imported in either country, but there are many factors that can affect pricing to cause them to be significantly different. not the least of which would be import tariffs.

2 Likes

Well, we can compare prices. For me, getting them from blick online, current prices for the Windsor and Newton Promarkers are $3.59 (List: $4.99), while the Copic Original markers are $5.24 (List $7.99).

The Windsor and Newton Promarkers are not refillable (that I am aware of). One bottle of Copic Various Ink ($4.73 (List: $8.99)) refills a Ciao marker 13 times, a Sketch marker 8–10 times, a Copic Original marker 7–9 times, and a Wide marker 5–6 times. If you use them enough to need refills, you might end up saving money with the Copics. Then again, they come in so many colors, it is hard to stop wanting to add more to the collection.

What are your prices for each?

4 Likes

I noticed the even number of holes. If you switch to an odd number you will have a hole on the bottom that is centered so you could hang something off it if you want to change up the design without making a new pattern.

6 Likes