Pre-Release | Small tests from last night

Made these guys last night. Wanted to make sure the settings were good before doing them bigger as presents. I think they turned out well for being 2" & 3.5"

77 Likes

They look great!

3 Likes

The different layers of shading are looking great.
Thanks for posting these.

5 Likes

It is amazing the illustrations that you have transferred to engravings.

3 Likes

That BioShock piece is making me extra jealous. They turned out great!

10 Likes

That one is 2" wide. Crazy how much gets packed in the small spaces

12 Likes

What?! I was imagining it much larger. I’m doubly impressed.

Edit: Also just seeing that you called out the size in the original post. I was too enamored with the pictures to read. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

You didn’t miss anything. I edited it =). I’m going to do a larger bio shock soon

4 Likes

Is that original Stranger Things art?

7 Likes

Good eye. It looks exactly like Stranger Things…cool. - Rich

4 Likes

When I pulled the trigger on the :glowforge: I was thinking of things, boxes and all with maybe a little visual upgrade. Seeing what it can do I’m going to have to up my game! @takitus you continue to inspire. As badly as I am wanting one I have to admit that Dan and crew have done a very good job at picking people for betas and now pre-release units.

13 Likes

Not original, fan art, but definitely stranger things =)

6 Likes

I love seeing how the engrave depths really do translate into darker/lighter shades. The drill and city in the bioshock image make me think of Big Bertha here in Seattle.

3 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Just to see the quality of those images and think of everything I will be able to do with my Glowforge, it makes me happy

11 Likes

Do you sleep?.. Another great project. Are you able to see total run time for the machine anywhere? As in lifetime counter.

5 Likes

No time to sleep! haha. I was doing a raid array upgrade/rebuild last night, so had some stuff for the burninator to chew on while I was taking care of that.

15 Likes

Dang, love Bioshock. And I too thought it was more poster sized.
Now do Shodan from Systemshock ;D

1 Like

Now you’re talking my language. I was actually thinking of naming mine The Burninator

4 Likes

this isnt the name youre looking for… move along… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes