Premium Font -- Vollkhorn rendering/engraving incorrectly

Hey all - I had a project today using the Vollkhorn font generated in the Glowforge app after I added my own SVG to cut.

The text looked like it rendered correctly, but engraved with extra lines across the words. Words in other fonts worked fine.

Once I went back and looked in the Glowforge app, I could see in the sidebar that the words in Vollkhorn actually had dark areas where the lines were generated. I think maybe the vector is open and is causing the system to try and close them on the font by generating these lines.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.52.08 PM

It’s probably worth looking and seeing if there’s a problem with this font, because I can’t find any other issue.

3 Likes

I think that’s a good guess. Welcome to the forum Mike! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Interesting that the crossing lines skipped the “J” and the “o”. Def the font.

Oh no, I’m so sorry your print didn’t turn out as expected.

I’ve escalated this issue to another team to investigate further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

OH NO GLOWFORGE RUINED CHRISTMAS!

Just kidding – It was a quick recut, only wasted some material. …No worries these things happen!

Thanks for taking a look and keeping it from happening to others!

2 Likes

I love your sense of humor :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mike19, I’m glad to hear you were able to get it reprinted. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I’ve sent you a separate email with a $25 gift card so that you can replace the Proofgrade plywood material that was wasted. Happy holidays!

2 Likes