Preparing and centering is taking for ever

I haven’t been able to use the machine since yesterday . I have tried everything is posted and nothing works

What is it actually doing? Nothing? Moving around randomly?

now I cant get pass "preparing your print "

is either off line or taking forever to center , focus , preparing the print.

I am seriously considering returning this machine.

I’m not support, just another fellow user… but, that it’s showing off-line is indicating that you likely have a signal strength issue. This will greatly impact the process of centering, etc. since it’s trying to communicate with the Glowforge servers to complete the process and is unable to do so.

5 Likes

Hi @nelsysanchez03. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been running into some trouble with your Glowforge getting stuck as it tries to prepare the print. I extracted the log files from your printer, and it looks like your Glowforge was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.

The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using

2. Turn off your Glowforge

3. Unplug your modem

4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point

5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
    • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
    • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
    • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
    • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
    • Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge

2. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

While reviewing any failed focusing attempts in the log files, I noticed that the red focal dot projected from the bottom of the print head may have been landing on the edge of the material, or the crumb tray. When this occurs, it can create trouble setting the printer head lens and focus for the print. To help avoid this from occurring, it can help to use the Set Focus function and check to make sure the red dot is landing on the material before placing the design and trying to print.

Also, I saw you had an open email thread to troubleshoot this as well. To avoid any potential confusion or miscommunication with multiple threads, I’ll go ahead and close your email thread for now. I’ll look forward to your response. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.