Presenting Ramoth!

Yippie!! :smiley:
That is an Awesome name! I’m a huge fan of the Pern books as well.
So glad that your glowforge arrived in one piece.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Awesome! Ramoth the Golden…a fitting name for a fire breather. (May there be no Threadfall to rain on your parade.)

4 Likes

You are going to have a ton of fun! Don’t forget to check out the Glowforge Tips & Tricks category!

1 Like

Love the name!! Grew up with Anne McCaffrey’s books.

Sweet that your daughter got to do the first button push😄

Write them down and number them…then roll a dice or 2 to determine the order…and stick with it…adding more into the rotation if needed…lmao…
I have so many projects I want to do but have the “oh look squirrel syndrome” that I never stay on target…mostly because I come on here way too much and see all the cool things you all are making!!!

11 Likes

Actually, before jumping into too many projects just sit down and play with the Glowforge. Check out how it engraves, check out scoring and note the differences.

After running a few canned jobs (I liked the phone stands that @smcgathyfay designed) and give those a try. It took me a couple tries to get everything right (don’t engrave the curly-cues, score them!)

That and catalog stuff will get you thru the first day. Try the scanning, it works great!

Then start pushing a bunch of your own (and other people’s stuff) through the machine. You’ll have a much better idea what to expect and I think will get up to speed much faster. There is a lot to take in, even after having read the forums from top to bottom :slight_smile:

9 Likes

LOL. Nobody has time for that :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought I had it but screenshots went from welcome to GF to placing the Founder’s Ruler. Maybe next time

1 Like

I agree with this. I’m playing with settings, doing some basic engraving, trying different materials…

3 Likes

No…throw caution to the wind… Run with scissors! Laser all the things…
Thats what I did with my first laser…lmao

12 Likes

That’s day 2… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot!

Congratulations! :grinning::thumbsup::fireworks:

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Please let the support team know about the naming problem - we should get that set for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

julybighouse - congrats! can’t wait to learn how Ramoth imprints on you and witness the treasures the two of you will produce.

4 Likes

Congrats! So excited for you!

Congrats!!!

You are going to love it! Congratulations. And don’t sweat the whole being slow thing… My unit arrived around 10:30am and it was 7 or 8pm before I actually was able to make my first print.

Something that I missed, check out the support page in the app and you’ll find a link that walks you through your first three designs; technically you’ve already figured out the first, but the other two may save you a little frustration. (That and just know that “Add Artwork” will turn anything you choose into a raster image, even if it’s a layered SVG full of vectors)

2 Likes

We are so simpatico :heart: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep! Sent support an email and they had it fixed very quickly. (Under 10 min I think). Kudos support team!

4 Likes

Welcome to the club, and the payoff for your patience! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hurrah. And I think I have you beat for slow – didn’t get a cut till the next day.

2 Likes