Print button to pause a print? -- It's in the hopper

Would it be possible to make the big glowing print button pause a print that has started?

23 Likes

How does it work currently? Push button to start, open lid to completely cancel?

2 Likes

that seems intuitive to me. i vote for it

2 Likes

Hopper, hopper, hopper.
https://community.glowforge.com/t/fire-risk/111/5?source_topic_id=5665

I presume he meant top not stop.

7 Likes

I tried it two weeks ago and it had no effect. I gave feedback to the effect that it needs to do a pause or stop.

12 Likes

That is indeed in the hopper! It’s a popular request around GFHQ, too.

22 Likes

This would be super helpful for those long engraves. I can totally see needed to pause while i go take care of other things and then resume later.

18 Likes

Definitely needed!

3 Likes

This is still needed now, almost two years later, right? I haven’t tried pausing a print mid-job using the big button yet, but I know that opening the top causes the job to cancel. Is anyone aware of the priority of this being fulfilled, or if it has been cancelled, or actually completed and I’m just a dufus?

1 Like

Somebody knows, but we do/will not. It has not been completed at this time.

1 Like

Thank you, Tom! Do you know if official GFHQ ever adds comments or questions or threads like this, are are they unlikely to respond here, or give out this sort of information in general?

They’ll absolutely respond to questions. But they don’t share roadmaps. Instead you’ll get a “Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll make sure it gets to the appropriate team.” kind of response.

Also I’d think they’re unlikely to respond to necro-posts. I imagine they don’t get a notification on those. :wink:

2 Likes

TIL the term “necro-post”, which is awesome. Plus, Necromancer was my favorite Diablo 2 class to play, and apparently Blizzard is readding it (or already have) in a Diablo 3 expansion, which I vow to never actually try playing because I want to actually have a life.

3 Likes

Gmail - [Glowforge Owners Forum] [Problems and Support] Print button to pause a print_ – It’s in the hopper.pdf (105.7 KB)
Received the expected response back from Glowforge (but hey, at least they are responding!):

Hi Ryan,

It is still in the hopper, yes! Unfortunately, I don’t have any further information for you about that feature.

Best,
Rita

1 Like

This now works as requested. :slight_smile:

10 Likes