Print cut in opposite side of design

Hello!

I am new to Glowforge (4 designs max only). Today, I am having issues with a print I am trying to cut. First, it’s not cutting through completely. I’ve tried lowering settings as its 1/8 birch but the weirdest thing, when I sent my design to cut, it cut on the opposite side as my actual screen. Has this ever happened to anyone?

If the printhead gets moved when the machine is turned on, the Glowforge will print far off from where you expect it to. That is the only condition I have seen where it prints far from where it shows on the screen. If you accidentally move the printhead with the machine turned on, turn it off and then back on so that it centers and focuses before you try to print anything.

As for not cutting through, since you are not using proofgrade material it is difficult to address that problem. Often it is the material that is causing the problem. When using non Proofgrade material you must test your settings and adjust as necessary.

2 Likes

Just to be clear: By lowering you mean lowering the speed? Increase power puts more laser into it. So when you aren’t cutting, usually lowering the speed is correct if you are at max power. Just being specific here.

And the surprise placement definitely is a problem as mentioned usually caused by moving the head after the initial centering routine or set focus routine. How’s it going now?

3 Likes

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.