Print head seems to be skipping

This has been happening lately and I don’t have any explanation. It doesn’t happen on every print, but regularly enough that it’s a pain,

Anyone have any ideas?

Check your belts to make sure they are clean and also check the wheels under the gantry.

I’m so sorry to see the print did not come out as expected.

Often, when we see an offset this large, it occurs because the head was physically moved or accidentally bumped, which affects the current calibration. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the print you reported trouble with, and it looks like the printer head did not start from the “home” position. The head may have been inadvertently moved or bumped while preparing a print.

Could you please try the following steps:

1. Turn your Glowforge off, and wait about five seconds
  2. Turn your Glowforge back on
  3. Wait until all motion has stopped for 30 seconds
  4. Try your print again

It has happened several times. I think the belts needed cleaning as well. I’ll let you know if I have any other issues. Thanks for your help.

My last print came out beautifully. As this has happened several time, I tried cleaning the belts and your suggestion. Thank you !

Thank you for updating us! I’m so glad to hear that the information we provided was helpful, and you’ve seen an improvement in your prints. I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you happen to run into any of the same trouble. We’re here to help :slight_smile: