Print is too big

I do tech support too, and I’m also a developer, and run my own company. And I’ve also had to talk to a lot of tech support people when dealing with internet or cable issues or whatnot and I’ve emailed them many times as well… many times I have said right out the box what I have already done and asked questions, just to have them ask me things I’ve already answered and or that do not apply just because they are following some script telling them what to do… and then they don’t respond to all of my questions.

So, yes, I can make a joke and all because you are a tech support person too doesn’t mean its something against you or any one person. I don’t care if you don’t find it funny, I did, and I have the right to my own opinion.

Yet here we are, where the questions were instrumental to figuring out a solution and several people telling you it hit more “disparaging” than “funny”.

The interesting part of all of this is that taking people on for their tone is against forum rules technically speaking, yet you have some seriously heavy hitters who are not parts of this forum all chiming in. They know the policies really well yet are still taking the time to try to help everyone involved understand where the disconnect was, hoping to improve the forum.

Take what you will from that.

I have no issues here… I love this forum… and have posted many times and have shared and gotten help in the past.

Again, I’m not trying to start anything or call out anyone… It was just a comment made a website… no need for anyone to get hurt about it.

All because everyone else didn’t find it funny, doesn’t make me a bad guy for saying it. If you didn’t like it, I’m sorry, but again, it wasn’t geared towards anyone.

I appreciate all feedback and comments, good and bad. I haven’t liked comments that others have made on forums before either… doesn’t matter… as I said, its just opinions. Everybody is entitled to have one.

And yet, you posted the thread in the Problems and Support section which is for official GF Support staff and opens a support ticket.

1 Like

Cause I was looking for a feedback and to see if there was a reason for any changes that would explain this. Could’ve been a bug perhaps. I’m a developer, so if I see some behavior that doesn’t seem right, I report it.

Tech support asks stupid questions because people are generally pretty stupid.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about that, @jetzel. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to research further, and before you ran into the errors you reported it looks like the last successful engrave of the design in question was in October of 2017. There have been some changes to the default engrave settings for Proofgrade material since that time. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I can also see that you’ve been able to print the file successfully since your original post. That’s great! I’m going to close this thread, but if you still need help with this, please start a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!