Print Stopped Error no code

My Glowforge, like many other I’m seeing, is just stopping right before a print, regardless of design or material choice. Is there a server side issue going on? It shows as an error but no error code.

1 Like

Same issue here. Please lets try to get this issue resolved promptly as I cannot afford to be out of business!!

2 Likes

Ive got the same problem happening and have tried cleaning everything and resetting and still not able to fire up a print

I have the same problem.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and it appears your Glowforge is experiencing trouble detecting the height of the material inside of the bed. Does the same error occur if you utilize Set Focus during the print, and ensure the red laser dot is showing on the material you are printing on?

Also, I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send over a photo of the bottom of your printer head, similar to the one below:

Once you can try using Set Focus during the print, and send over the photo of the bottom of your Printer Head, we’ll send over the next best steps.

I’m so sorry your running into this snag! If you are still running into trouble, please reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com, or open a new thread in our community forum.

I apologize for the trouble you’ve been running into. If you are still running into the same behavior, please reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com, or open a new thread in our community forum.

I had cleaned it just the other day. I’m seeing many other posts with this exact issue, and your exact response, so I highly doubt it’s something on my end, but I will go through these steps… again.

I was saying the same thing. Everyone’s machine cannot have the same exact problem at the same exact time😒. I think this is a time tactic!!!

Anytime you have an issue like this check: https://statuspage.glowforge.com/

You can see that they’re currently investigating. They rent their servers so sometimes the issue is on their end, but more often (as rarely as it occurs) it’s on Google’s side. Sometimes we just have to wait it out.

Tis one of the downsides of buying a non-commercial machine, sometimes you just have to wait a little longer.

4 Likes

Then perhaps they should mention this in the forums instead of telling us to fix our machines. I’ve never even seen a link to that page before and I’ve been using and contacting support for over 2 years now. It’s a little disheartening to see double speak like that.

1 Like

Huh. A quick search shows there are 136 threads about it going back to 2017 (when they brought the pages up I believe). I see you’ve only been able to read a few hundred topics so it’s likely you missed them. Perhaps that could convince Glowforge to make the status page or a post about the status page a sticky or include it in the “first prints” tutorials so everyone will see that.

3 Likes

Ha! Nobody reads the sticky posts. And very few seem to do the first prints tutorials. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

A what?

1 Like

Because, you know, Glowforge really wants upset customers…

1 Like

The problem was resolved…is there a reason you’re still on the thread?

I’m so sorry that you ran into this behavior while printing. When you first reached out, we had not yet identified an error on our side, so I apologize if the instructions appeared to be repetitive. We’ve made a small change on our end. When you have a moment, would it be possible to replicate a print where you first noticed the error, and let us know if the same trouble occurs?

If you notice the same error, we’ll extract the log files from your Glowforge, and send over the next best steps. Let us know how it goes!

I have. Everything seems to be fine, just a little lower on power than normal now and might be in need of a recharge. I’ll look into that separately, though. Thank you, Marc.

@applesgamore
@TwoBeard

Anyone with the Regular tab next to their name has been on this community long enough that they are trusted to respond correctly with information. They are the exact opposite of “trolls”. They are trusted customers who took the time to learn everything they could about the machine, and then choose to remain here in order to help the thousands of noobs who show up daily.

Get off your high horse(s) and consider paying attention to those who know more than you do.

5 Likes

1st of all…one must know the difference between being antagonizing and sharing knowledge! What would be the reason for these individuals to continue to post on a thread once the problem has been resolved? Address that don’t come on here saying anything about a high horse because that was not the case! With that being said…I have money to make and customers to serve since my machine is up and running…how about you do the same…NOW LET ME JUMP ON MY HIGH HORSE AND RIDE OFF :racehorse: :dash: