Print Stopped - Material Thickness Error

Hey there. I am trying to engrave on a round piece of wood that 1.5" thick. I have removed the tray so that the laser does not hit the wood. Once I select print I am getting an error and the print is stopping. Anyone else have this happen or know a work around?

is the work piece resting on the bottom of the laser? if so maybe try putting a scrap piece of material under it to raise it up slightly? 1.5" is on the lower end of the acceptable range without the crumb tray installed. Also where you are using the set focus feature might be affecting it as well being a round surface.

You can also print one of these to make sure the top of the material is in the correct range.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re hitting this snag! As @primal_healer pointed out, using a small scrap piece of material to slightly raise the material inside of your Glowforge may help with the error you are experiencing. I also advise ensuring that the red laser dot is hitting the part of the material you are attempting to print on, so that the height can be properly detected.

Let us know if this helps! If not, I’ll send over the next best steps.

1 Like

thank y’all for the prompt replies!! I put a scrap piece under to raise it to 1.71 inches and it is working now. I appreciate the help!!

2 Likes

This is fantastic news! I’m glad that the advice from the community helped to resolve the trouble. I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you run into any more trouble. We’re here to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.