I have run into an issue with the Glowforge stopping midway through a 2-hour rastering process. The file that I am using for the rastering is one that worked without any problems just yesterday.
Any help as to why this happened is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum
What error are you getting on the UI when it stops? Does it restart? Do you get a yellow button of doom (YBoD)?
Thank you, really fast response!
The error I get is exactly the same as shown in the screenshot on Shawn’s thread.
After the Glowforge stopped midway, it didn’t restart. It simply reset the printhead back to its default location in the back-left area.
The button on the Glowforge had no color.
Sadly other than check your WiFi/check your file I don’t think anyone (including Support) has come up with a solid response to that particular error.
When you say “2-hour rastering process”, do you mean it takes 2 hours to upload the file, once it’s uploaded it’s a 2 hour print, or that you’d started printing and it stopped mid-way through?
It may be worth uploading the file, if you’re willing, to see if someone else sees something that could be choking up the machine. Sometimes they make tweaks on the back-end that fixes one issue but now breaks a file that had been working. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen
I see. On other threads, I have seen support find clues through log files they are somehow able to access. Perhaps someone from support may chance upon this thread and do the same.
By “2-hour rastering process”, I mean a 2-hour print that was interrupted mid-way through.
I’m doing another run to see if the issue comes up again. In any case, it would be good know why the issue occurred, especially since I’m not the only one who has experienced it. I’m sure it’d benefit the Glowforge community.
Yup - so yeah, we can view our logs, but it’s mostly gibberish. We’ll have to wait for official Support to chime in and see what they can find
I’m sorry for the trouble - I can understand how frustrating that would be. We’ve seen this happen as well, and the team is looking into it now. I’m afraid I don’t have any further details to provide at this time, but thanks for letting us know about this. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new thread.