Printer arm making grinding noise when I move it and it will not print https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9T8qRT5Xx0

My printer arm is making a loud grinding noise when I push it back and forth. It’s been cutting fine and then the other day I started a job and it made the loud clunk sound and the job I was preparing didn’t start. I decided to reset the machine, turned t off and back on started the job and then watched the machine it started to calibrate and then it made that sound again.

Turn the machine off. Never move the printhead or carriage with the machine turned on.

Gently slide the printhead to the right and then back left to the home position. Does it glide smoothly? Gently pull the carriage forward to the front of the machine. Slide it back to the home position. Does it glide smoothly? If you feel any resistance in either direction, closely inspect the wheels and belts. Sometimes tiny pieces of masking adhere to the wheel or belt causing problems. Look for debris on the rails.

If you are sure the wheels are intact and the belts are clean, retart the machine with nothing on the bed and see if the grinding noise still exists.

9 Likes

Thank you so much, I wiped it down, let it dry and now it is printing. This support community has made the $4000 investment worth it.

And I promise to never move parts again while it is on.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer @dklgood , that’s right. I’m going to close this thread @mechatmon - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!