Printer head cable

While cleaning my machine I had the head off the carriage and the white cable came out. I can’t get it to go back into the slot an looks like some of the pins are misaligned. Is there a cure for this or am I dead in the water???

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here. I’d post a photo of the connection so Support can evaluate the misaligned pins and decide on next steps!

Ouch!!!

I have straightened them on computer ribbons with smooth hemostats (no ridges in the mouth). The pins are very delicate and if any were cracked they will likely break, but if so you were going to need to replace anyway, If you attempt to straighten, just gently squeeze the pin and flatten the position them perpendicular to the face they project from. Whether you try or not is up to you (I’m just giving you information) but I have straighten far worse. Just be gentle and patient as you work.

5 Likes

You can use a terminal release tool to straighten the pins by inserting the pin into the release tool and gently bending the pin back into position. If you don’t have a fine wire terminal release tool, you can substitute a rigid plastic straw/tube, like those used to deliver WD-40 and other chemicals into crevices, an ink tube from a ball-point pen will work as well, just be careful when aligning the pins.

6 Likes

One reason why I never disconnect any cables for cleaning.

1 Like

Thanks ovm.steve and yoyodyne2112 I took your advise and worked on the pins. Even though I broke off 2 pins I am back in business. So yoyodyne2112 what is your John name? I myself am a blue blazer.

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you everyone for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!