Printer head lens can move up and down within the printer head

My glow forge pro has not been cutting all the way through on proof grade and non proof grade material.

Experienced this before and cleaned everything that could be cleaned.

Happening again even after cleaning everything like last time.

I have noticed that my printer head lens is able to move up and down within the printer head. Don’t think I noticed this before and wondering if this would be the issue?

The lens within the head moves up and down to focus the beam based on the information obtained during the focusing operation on the material.

3 Likes

It would be a problem if the lens did not move, because then you would have to move your material up and down.

1 Like

Do not force the lens inside the head. The mechanism that moves it is quite fragile.

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag. Your Printer Head Lens is designed to move up and down within the Printer Head as this is how it adjusts the focal height.

For our next steps, I’d like you to perform a standardized print for us to review. At your earliest convenience, print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.