Printer head lens where can i get one if they're sold out

Does anyone have a heads up on when the printer head lens will be back in stock, or is their a different place we can get one that will fit my Glowforge plus? all help is appreciated

It may take some time for support to answer, and they aren’t the ones stocking and shipping these parts, but I am curious as to why you need to replace it.

From everything I’ve read it’s a specialized part, so not so much with the getting it elsewhere (yet).

Fingers crossed staff will get here with a timeline, and that it’s short!

I don’t really need one as of yet, but i clean my machine regularly and noticed little lines that will not come off and was just going to get a spare in case they are tiny fracture lines an it goes out if it does and you don’t have a replacement you done till you can get one ya know…

2 Likes

Got it.

yeah i pray they do…I dont need one right this min but need one in case mine goes…

If it turns out that you need a replacement while they are out of stock, you can send an email directly to support@glowforge.com and they will probably be able to arrange for a replacement. Until then, just keep an eye out for them in the Shop and buy one when it comes up again. (Good idea by the way.) :slightly_smiling_face:

More than likely they are scratches. I’d really urge people to not clean the optics unless they need to be cleaned, rather than doing it just because. Other maintenance, like making sure the purge air fan (the fan on the backside of the head), the air assist fan (several inches behind the head), and the exhaust fan will help the optics stay clean even longer.

2 Likes

thank you for the heads up…:hugs:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the info. I agree completely and I don’t clean it every time I clean my machine. I do keep an eye on it and whenever I see build up that’s whenever I actually clean it. I use a new lens cleaning pad from Zeus I do everything as safely and efficiently as possible to minimize the damage to the machine.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the trouble with getting a replacement lens! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

If you run into any trouble or have any other questions, feel free to start a new thread.