Printer head lens window

I come home to find the printer head lens window sitting on top of a project my husband was watching for me. When I picked it up it had a crack in it. I’ve looked for replacements with no luck. I’m assuming it’s not a good idea to use the machine until I can get the replacement.

Support will be along to assist you as opening this topic has opened a support ticket with them. You are correct that you should not use the machine until this can be replaced.

I figured as much. I was praying for a miracle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Just sucks when I have outstanding orders.

You may need to rename your Glowforge to something along the lines of “Potter” with that lightning-shaped scar…

5 Likes

If you haven’t already, make sure your business has a backup plan. You are relying on an electro-mechanical system for your business and failures are inevitable. It is a question of when and how long it will be down, not if it fails. One of the benefits of the Glowforge is the relatively low entry cost when taking into account purchase price and learning curve, but this is still a hobby level machine with matching support. Expect 3-4 weeks to repair the Glowforge, especially right now, unless you happen to get lucky.
Having a plan to deal with your open orders when you get a failure will help alleviate the stress that comes from it.

2 Likes

Thank you for that advice… I was definitely not prepared for this. I will be working on that. I appreciate all your guidance.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi there - I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.