Printer Head Mirror melted & ruined

I’m a brand new user and I just opened my Glowforge today and was doing my first item, the Gift of Good Measure, and nothing happened. After some troubleshooting I noticed the printer head mirro melted. Has this happened to anyone, if so what was the cause?

1 Like

It was installed incorrectly.

That may have happened in transit.

Support will likely ask for a clear, in-focus picture of the inside of the head to see if there is any damage there.

4 Likes

I sooo feel for you! The anticipation & excitement of getting it, and then to have that happen, what a bummer! Support is awesome, though; they will take care of you.

1 Like

Ok. I will await contact from them. Thank you.

I was certainly disappointed! I was looking forward to staying up all night playing with my new toy.

1 Like

Ouch! It definitely looks like the mirror was in wrong! I hope nothing else was damaged.

Support will be able to help you.

If you post the picture I mentioned, you will save time in getting it replaced, if that is the outcome.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag on your first print. In order to ensure we can get you back up and printing as soon as possible, I’ve emailed you directly regarding the next best steps.

I’ll keep this thread open until we’ve heard back.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I appreciate the prompt response!!

1 Like

A response within the hour it was reported - that’s outstanding! :+1: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thank you for sending us that email. I’ve just followed up with the next steps there.

We’re going to continue to work on this through email, so this post will be closed.

1 Like